All music teachers know that the students learn the most when they are supported at home by involved parents and family. Rosalani Music asks you to sign a contract that states that you will help your child in specific ways, so that he/she can enjoy and achieve in their pursuit of music.
Rosalani Music asks you to
- Support your child’s musical education as best you can.
- Congratulate your child when challenges are overcome.
- Apply positive pressure on your child to practice at least 5 days a week (15-20 minutes minimum for beginners, 35-45 minutes average for intermediate).
- Be present during home practice sessions at least 50% of the time, or ask child to record practice sessions if you cannot be present. Be sure to listen to the recordings!
- Feed your child protein before a lesson. Avoid sugar before a lesson, as it interferes with learning.
- Music teaches self-discipline and self-motivation: don’t hover too much!
- If you have questions about teacher’s methods, feel free to ask the teacher outside of a lesson.
- Do not contradict a teacher during a lesson. You may address any issue later.
Printed Parent Name for Student Name
Signature of Parent or Guardian Signature of Parent or Guardian
Cymber Quinn, Rosalani Music