We offer three pathways of learning music for both children and adults:
- The Impactful Harpist: 12-week Program
- The Love of Music Pathway is for relaxation, joy and healing
- The Academic Music Pathway is academic, detailed and technical
The Impactful Harpist: 12-week Program
The Impactful Harpist Pathway a 12-week program is for students wanting to up-level their learning for healing, music therapy, as a hobby, or just for fun. The goals of these lessons are to feed the spirit, mind and soul with the joy that comes from learning and playing an instrument. The students that take this pathway want to play music for the love of music and do not desire an academic end or specific goal, but may want to prepare for a healing harp program and play in small venues.
The Love of Harp Music Pathway
The Love of Music Pathway is for students wanting to learn and play music for healing, music therapy, as a hobby, or just for fun. The goals of these lessons are to feed the spirit, mind and soul with the joy that comes from learning and playing an instrument. The students that take this pathway want to play music for the love of music and do not desire an academic end or specific goal. These students want music for the sake of music; to bring more beauty to their lives and the lives of others.
The Academic Harp Music Pathway
The Academic Music Pathway focuses on music levels, theory, performing, certification, competitions & recitals, and other trackable achievements. This pathway is recommended for students wanting to pursue music academically, perform, major or minor in music, or perhaps make it a future career.
Can I Change My Harp Music Pathway?
At any point in your training, you are welcome to switch pathways. Some students begin with the Academic Harp Music Pathway and then realize they want to play music just for fun. Others begin with the Love of Harp Music Pathway, and then realize they want more of a challenge. We support both paths and will help you find the perfect path for you!
How Do I Get Started Playing Harp If I Have No Prior Experience?
Both Learn to Play Harp Pathways start out with the same instructional process. (Detailed class descriptions are provided further down the page):
The Learn to Play Harp Process
- Begin with the Exploration Group Class – This is to first dip your toes in the water and find out if playing the harp is the right choice for you.
- Primary Level Group Lessons for Children or Adults – We recommend group lessons for learning basic skills in playing the harp.
- Join Music Fluency A, B or C – Music fluency is key to any musical instrument you wish to play. Without this fundamental knowledge, you will not get far. Imagine trying to read before learning the alphabet and phonics!
- Enroll in Private Lessons and – Once you have passed the beginning music fluency classes and taken full advantage of group lessons, it is time to move up to Private Lessons, and choose the Love of Music Pathway or the Academic Music Pathway.